The aim of this exciting course is to give the young actor a better understanding of how the industry works and to be better prepared & more confident when going to auditions. Imagination and creativity are stressed, and the young actors are given many opportunities to become experienced working in front of a camera.
Special focus will be given to:
- Working in front of the camera with naturalness and confidence
- Developing the young actor’s focus and ability to take direction
- Learning about the film & television casting process
- Preparing for the audition process and learning about the value of self-promotion
- Discovering what Casting Directors and Talent Agents ‘look for’
- Actors will work on various exercises, scenes and put their work into practice on-camera.
- Bring your organic self on camera and create truth in the scene
- Participants will be paired up with different scene partners every week or two and must be prepared to learn a variety of new sides over the course of 8 weeks.
This course gives actors an opportunity to explore their craft, to better prepare for auditions and actual work on the set.
Participating actors are encouraged to bring sides for upcoming auditions to class.
YOUNG PROFESSIONALS (8-13)
SUNDAYS 2-4, April 15-June 3, 2018
Cost: $425.00 (tax incl.) — $25 EASTER DISCOUNT!
To register for this course, please CLICK THE REGISTER BUTTON FILL IN THE FORM and check the class you wish to attend .
Payment choices are as follows:
- INTERAC email money transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Snail mail cheques to ACT Studio 94B Montreal Rd. Ottawa, ON K1L 6E6
- Cash or Cheque in ACT Studio Mailbox (see address above)
- Credit Card Payments can be made via Paypal.* Extra charge. PLEASE EMAIL US AT email@example.com