OLI NEED photos. ADD REG Button
GETTING STARTED IN FILM & TELEVISION – 1-Day Workshop – Saturday, January — 13 9:30-6:30
Cost: $149.00 + 13% HST= $168.37
Additional Family Members: $55.00 + 13% = $62.15
Knowing how to get into the ‘movie biz’ can seem like a difficult task for those who are just starting out.
The aim of this intensive workshop is to provide participants with an overview of information, tools
and skills that are necessary for actors and parents of young actors to open that first door to the industry.
This workshop will place emphasis on:
- Knowing how to become a marketable actor with a dynamic portfolio (resumes,
head shots, demo reels, etc.)
- Finding the right talent agent without getting caught in a scam
- Using the most effective self-promotional & networking tools
- Learning the industry lingo commonly used on set and with other industry
- Understanding the audition & casting process, the function of the actors union
(ACTRA), the importance of screen training, industry do’s and don’ts & much more…
This workshop is suitable for actors or parents of young actors that are just starting out in the business or for anyone with a
general interest in the entertainment field.
Supplies that all participants should bring to class: pen, notepad, a list of all performance related experience and/or training
of participant and/or child of participant & a list of industry related questions and goals.